Vegan Tahin Amaranth bars
The selection of vegan chocolate bars is still very limited in Germany. Especially in small supermarkets and spätis. So there is no other alternative than to prepare your chocolate bars at home. With only four ingredients and within 30 minutes you prepare a big batch of chocolate and tahini bars for a whole week. Try to add sea salt on top – it's better than any chocolate bar in the supermarket, amen!
Vegan Tahini Amaranth Bars
- 240 g (8.4 oz) tahin
- 240 g (8.4 oz) chocolate
- 160 g (5.6 oz) puffed amaranth
- 2 tbsp sea salt flakes
- apple slices
- Melt chocolate in a small pot. Gradually add tahini and mix.
- Add amaranth and stir well.
- Line a 22x22 cm (8x8 inch) casserole (or baking tin, plate, or tray) with baking paper.
- Fill in the amaranth chocolate mix into the casserole and press firmly. Sprinkle sea salt flakes over casserole. Let chill at room temperature.
- Use a sharp knife to cut into bars. Store in the fridge before serving or until transport.