Chocolate Tacos with Nice Cream & Kiwi
We have a soft spot for tacos and love to experiment with them. Besides classics such as fish tacos (vegan, of course!), tostadas or taquitos, we also serve Korean tacos, ramen tacos, chanterelles tacos or even chocolate tacos. You can find all our taco recipes here.
The perfect taco for summer! Well, okay, it’s just March, but that doesn’t mean that we couldn’t even think about summer, days of sunshine and icecream. So today’s Taco Tuesday is a taste of summer for you and ourselves. One can never begin to eat ice cream too early, right?! And today we’re showing you the easiest way to prepare homemade ice cream (and it’s even healthy!). Probably most of you know nice cream, but for the rest of you: Get ready to keep a bunch of frozen bananas in your freezer from now on.
Vegan Chocolate Tacos with Nice Cream
FOR THE DOUGH
- 100 g (0.75 cup) flour
- 50 g (0.4 cup) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 4 tsp cocoa
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 150 ml (0.66 cup) plant-based milk
- vegan butter for frying
FOR THE NICE CREAM
- 2 frozen bananas (freeze a day before)
- 1 tsp vanilla flavor (optional)
FOR THE TOPPING
- 2 kiwi
- 100 g (3.5 oz) chopped hazelnuts
- 200 g (7 oz) chocolate for melting
- vegan whip cream (optional)
- Start with the dough. In a bowl, mix together all dry ingredients. Afterwards add liquid ingredients little by litte, this would be oil and plant-based milk. Stir until creamy. Heat 1 tsp vegan butter in a frying pan. With a ladle, add a nice circle of dough in the pan and fry from both sides for 2-3 minutes. Repeat with remaining dough, you should get around 8 tacos out of it.
- Time to prepare toppings. Finely cut kiwi and melt chocolate and whip vegan cream.
- For your nice cream, make sure to prepare frozen bananas one day ahead. Peel and roughly cut them, then place them in a freezer. On the next day (so basically NOW), you only need to take out bananas from the fridge and blend until smooth. If you don’t like the pure taste of bananas, add some vanilla flavor and stir one more time.
- Place chopped hazelnuts on a plate. Fill half of melted chocolate in a small, but deep bowl. Transfer the other half of the chocolate in an icing bag. Take a taco and dip it into the chocolate bowl. Afterwards turn from both sides into chopped walnuts, so they’ll stick to the chocolate. Scoop nice cream into your tacos and slightly fold both sides up, so they’ll stick to the nice cream. Garnish with kiwis and whip cream.
- Cut the icing bag a little and drizzle some nice melted chocolate on it.